To a Peaceful world
- Your Religion is not the only one and we are learning more about ancient history today. I know that you might believe your religion is 100 percent correct whatever it is but what if that one piece of evidence shows everything everyone knows is wrong? Understand that what you believe to be truth is only YOUR truth and the truth of others like you. You need to be open to the idea that yours could possibly have error within it so that way your mind is open to listen to others of a different Religion! Within every Religion contains a different way to view life. I am sure you can at least view a few things in your own life differently or be open to that possibility whether its as simple as how you eat, dress, or view yourself. I am sure everyone can improve on something even you because not one of us is perfect!
- Accept you because we have enough of the same in this world. We need new ideas and community planning. We need new ways to thrive even if it means failure to certain aspects. We tried something new with Industrialization and obviously it has failed. We need something newer an update of sorts. Your creativity will help the rest of humanity live a better life. Even if the world does not know who you are.
- Fear leads to hate and avoidance. Look we have all been scared as a world since way before 9/11. 9/11 really put a shock into those of us who are younger who were born in the 80s and 90s to those of you older it probably did not surprise you as much to see a tragedy. On 9/11 I was in Catholic School a Sophomore. I knew nothing about the Muslim faith. I knew the faith existed and they dressed differently. I did not understand the differences or why. Because 9/11 happened I began opening my mind and embracing other faiths and cultures. I learned about the horror war can cause and I learned that supporting my country does not mean time under the military it means loving other people no matter who they are or where I go. It means growing food in an organic way and keeping my planet clean so all human and animal life is respected. 9/11 showed me the flaws of what seemed to be a good way of life at the time. It opened my eyes to knew ideas and the problems we face. It opened my eyes to how little I actually know and understand about war and poverty.
- Educate yourself. For some reason most of the people I personally know in America do not do a lot of education beyond college. That is if people go to college now. My parents generation could afford education but my generation is in a lot of debt and most of us have realized that college does not guarantee work. On a good note we have the internet and library as almost free resources. No matter where you are at in life you can find a library. If you can read this right now you have the ability to learn something every day. So learn one new idea a day even if that is all you can do. That way you are not afraid. In fact click the link tab above this screen and open this link http://zidbits.com/ It is really one of probably millions that contains random information and facts.
- Understand Race If you are Native American my heart really does go out to you. You are the one Race of people within the United States that has yet to gain any rights back from what you have lost. Sure you can speak and try to stand up for the planet but you are not being heard very loudly by mainstream media. It really breaks my heart. To every race the issues we have faced and continue to face including Caucasians is huge. The issues of separation do not lie within the human heart. Every human wishes to be accepted naturally by everyone. The issues lie through separation of language, boarders, laws, music, living style , and beliefs. Which leads to fear because we fear what we do not understand or know. Because every race is shown a different music or a different culture we stick with that with the fear of learning something new or hearing it. We are afraid it will slap the creator in the face that we personally believe in. Or that we will not truly be that race or the way we were born if we experience something new. The reason why every race is shown something different is because each type of people has created there own system of living from where they originated from. Your culture from a hot climate is going to be different from a culture of a cold climate. Do you see? Go back to your roots no matter what race you are because your roots are unique. Go back through your history and you will learn that every race has oppressed their own and it continues to this day. We continue to oppress each other and there is not a good reason for it other then fear and misunderstanding. Once you understand the true history of your own race you need to go back through the history of every other race on this earth and learn it. That way there is no more room for fear and blame of oppression. If you oppress out of race you become the oppressor. Does that make sense? Do not hate the same race that oppresses you. They fear something to be so cruel. Personally I feel sad for those that fear people of another race especially in the year 2014. We should be ready to embrace life from another Galaxy by now. We cannot do that at all if we cannot embrace all life on our own planet!
- Eating Look being vegetarian is not a religious issue or belief issue it is a create a better planet issue. No just because I am vegan and you are a meat eater does not make me better then you and you are not better then me. We are losing acres upon acres of trees that are hundreds of years older then you! It is not fair and we need fresh oxygen on this planet to thrive! Please stop eating meat or at least agree to consume less. Can you agree to a meatless Monday and a Meatless Friday? Come on Catholics I used to be Catholic you give meat up for lent anyway on Friday!
- The Elderly. This week take the time out to talk to someone older then you. Not every older face you see is a person with dementia! The elderly are often left forgotten because they are not the models we often see on the cover of Vogue. They are not what you see in a healthy advertisement. You can see a “healthy” older person clapping their hands or going for a walk in a drug commercial but how many advertisements do you see directed towards the elderly to enhance their health?….cricket…..im going to be waiting long time for an answer if your media consists of regular T.V. No Viagra does not count! Neither do the insulin advertisements! These are people that know a lot more then you and have a lot to say. In fact their words often contain unwritten history and advice. I believe if you are younger you can learn something from someone older then you. So while you are in the grocery line say hi to that elderly man or woman behind you and ask them for random life advice. I can guarantee they will walk away feeling listened to and a little more better then what they did when they woke up this morning!
- The Younger people need to be listened to by the elderly. Despite how much make up or tattoos we carry we are not bad people. Time changed and the younger crowd expresses themselves in different ways. I know it is not exactly what we were born with but it is what was embraced. However we do have a drive to listen and learn and we do not want to be judged or put down. If you are older just like we need to talk with you more you need to talk with us more. Say hi to us at the store or randomly give us advice for our lives. Especially if you do notice something wrong. Quit shoving your parents in nursing homes. I hope your mom and dad wiped your rear while you were small. If they did it is now time to wipe theirs if they can no longer do so! It is called Karma baby! One day you will be older too…..
- Giving up one toxic thing this year may not make a world of difference but it can create a different and better you. If you drink to much or eat to much. Whatever it is you do to much its toxic. Did you watch to much Football this fall? Yes? Instead of watching Football this fall like you have every fall take the 6 hours and put it into a fall walk with the family or reading. Something other then the T.V! Keep in mind you can read the score for free on news sites. You don’t have to watch the game to be in the know!
- Love is the best and most important thing you can do today to make a difference. Even when you are mad do not get angry. Understand the reason why you are angry at something and see what you can change about it. Love is just that it is love. It has nothing to do with sex. It is simply looking into the eyes of another living creature and seeing that soul. Love is seeing the best in someone even if it is not apparent to you or them anyway. See the best in even your worst enemy even if we are at war.
- Be honest. Being honest to not only yourself and others in everything that you do will save you from further pain. So tell the truth and never make a bed you cannot get out of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are eleven steps to a better you and world. If you can pick even just one of these ten things and do them consistently you will make a difference. It might not be obvious to you but it will have an impact greater then you will ever understand! Thanks for reading this and participating!